Hello everyone and welcome to my new blog for autism. I have over 16 years experience with high functioning autism. When one of our boys was finally diagnosed with autism/aspergers, it became our mission to help other parents whose children who might have autism. We know from experience, there is nothing worse for a parent than wondering why their child isn't like other children. Back when our son was diagnosed with high functioning autism, all of this was new to the populace. Sixteen years ago when you mentioned autism, everyone thought of low functioning autism where a child would rock and never speak. High functioning autism is much different and people with this can be socially functioning children and adults if they receive help. I'll be posting various articles about high functioning autism and what we've been through. I also welcome any questions or tips that others may have especially concerning young adults.
No comments:
Post a Comment